This policy is subject to change, so please check regularly for updates. This policy is in addition to the Black Moon Hosting Terms and Conditions.
1. Black Moon Hosting reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by Black Moon Hosting, where Black Moon Hosting decides that the account has been inappropriately used. Black Moon Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its network to anyone.
2. Black Moon Hosting offer large amounts and unlimited disk space and bandwidth with some account types. By this, we mean disk space for legitimate website content and bandwidth for visitors to view it. All files on a domain must be part of the active website and linked to the site. Websites should not contain any backups, or other non-web based content. We will treat all password protected archives (e.g. zip and rar) files as unacceptable. Non-web files including, but not limited to exe, mp3, avi, wmf are not permitted on our servers.
3. Scripts and web applications on the website must be designed to produce web-based content, and not to use the server as an application server. Using the server to generate large volumes of email from a database is an example of activity that is not allowed. Scripts and web applications should not attempt to manipulate the timeouts on servers. These are set at the present values to ensure the reliability of the server. Sites that reset these do so because they are resource intensive, and adversely affect server performance and are therefore not allowed. Scripts and web applications that are designed to provide proxy services, anonymous or otherwise, are not allowed.
4. Scripts and web applications that use excessive resources such as memory or CPU are not permitted on our servers.
5. The Web Wiz FTP servers may not be used by persons outside of the account holders’ organization to transfer files to or from our network. The use of applications that maintain a constant FTP connection to upload at regular intervals is forbidden.
6. Web Wiz will disable any website and domain that fails to adhere to the following criteria as soon as we are made aware, in line with current working practices: -
- 6.1. The primary purpose of any website must be to provide web-based content to viewers. Files on the site must be linked to the website.
- 6.2. The primary purpose of any script or web application must be to produce a web page or web service. Scripts and web applications that send a single email based upon user entered information, or update a database are acceptable. Scripts and web applications that perform processor intensive processes are not allowed. All outgoing mail is monitored and filtered and must be sent using authentication from a Web Wiz hosted mailbox
- 6.3. Database services are for the exclusive use of storing the data of websites hosted on our network and can not be used to store non website data or with services outside of the Web Wiz network.
- 6.4. Databases hosted outside of the Web Wiz network can not be used in conjunction with services provided by Web Wiz.
- 6.5. Websites must not contain Warez, copyright or other illegal material. The onus is on you the customer to prove that you own the rights to publish material, not for Web Wiz to prove that you do not.
Illegal material will be removed in it’s entirety and your account terminated without any prior notice.
- 6.6. Websites must not contain pornographic or other lewd material. Adult Material includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of "adult material" is left entirely to the discretion of Black Moon Hosting.
- 6.7. Websites must not use excessive amounts of server resources. These include bandwidth, memory, processor utilization and / or disk space. Please see the ‘High System Resource Utilisation User Policy’ in the Terms and Conditions.
- 6.8. Websites must not contain scripts and web applications that attempt to access privileged server resources, or other sites on the same server.
- 6.9. FTP Services are for the exclusive use of our customers and our resellers customers and may not be used for anonymous or pubic FTP access.
- 6.10. Email Services are for the exclusive use of our customers and our resellers customers and may not be used for Free Email Services or Free Mailbox Services.
- 6.11. The use of Databases that use files stored on the web server are permitted as long as the total file size of the database is below 50MB in size. This includes, but is not limited to, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server Compact, and RavenDB.